This morning Daddy had taken Joel downstairs whilst I finished getting ready (having got Joel up and dressed him first). Normally Steve is in bed until I go to work so I have to sort us both out whilst he dozes. And yes, it’s annoying.
I went down and couldn’t see Joel. The stairgate blocking the kitchen was open as was the bathroom door with the light on. I assumed Steve was in there.
Nope, he was out the front, packing the car with his film stuff. I took Joel and shut the gate, and the door (to keep the heat in) and told Steve Joel should not be wandering around the kitchen unattended.
Steve headed off and I got Joel in his coat and buggy for the walk to my parents. I popped back into the kitchen to take my antibiotic when I smelt burning.
Joel had turned the electric hobs on by turning the dials, and an empty saucepan was beginning to smoke. I turned them all off and opened the back door to try and get rid of the smoke.
I rang Steve all angry to say what had happened. His response? ‘Thanks for updating me with that funny Joel moment. Isn’t he cheeky’. I’m still waiting for him to realise the severity of what could have happened had I not gone back to check.